There are a wide range of resources focused on ADUs across the internet. Some are specific to the design and construction of Accessory Dwelling Units here in Portland but others provide great info, tips and advice regardless of the location of your project. Below we have linked to some of our favorite resources.
- City of Portland regulations for ADUs
- Propel Studio's ADU Projects
- ADU construction cost breakdown
- Portland's ADU Permit Submittal Requirements
- VIDEO: Oregon D.E.Q. Accessory Dwelling Units Explainer Video
- FAQ about ADUs from Hammer and Hand (general contractors)
- How Much Does It Cost To Build An ADU? (from Hammer and Hand)
- ADU 101 (from Hammer and Hand)
- Great blog covering topics related to building an ADU in Portland
- Tips For Basement to ADU Conversions
- Tips For Garage to ADU Conversions
- How Do ADUs Affect Property Values
Propel Blog Posts:
- A Design Guide to Portland ADUs: PART I
- A Design Guide to Portland ADUs: PART II
- VIDEO: ADUs - Taking The First Step
- Portland City Council Approves ADU Zoning Code Update
- How Much Will My ADU Cost?
- ADU Requirements around Portland Metro
If you still have questions or want to talk about the specifics of your project, you are welcome to contact us and we will do our best to help.